Permanent fabric pen used for stenciling on any kind of fabric is an appealing method to generate quilts that portray different kinds of themes and can even create impressive statements. For instance, if you opt for the fabric that is going to generate a theme of harvest or a scheme of color, you may want to craft a square quilt motif of wheat making use of a stencil and permanent fabric pen.
Before adding a stencil quilt patch to a wall hanging or a quilt or a traditional hand made quilts make sure the work is completed. Opting to take the procedure an extra step assists put the touches to the finishing on your added dimensions and design. Putting details with permanent fabric pen to your design of stencil is a faster option to get a beautiful finishing to the product. Using a Stencil with permanent fabric pen creates an appliqué appearance without utilizing single stitches.
Get the perfect stencil design with these pens :
- Extend the fabric square of the stencil on a surface that is flat and then put the selected tape for masking all around the corners. It will make the fabric be more aloof from moving or even bunching up while you are marking over the design.
- To craft a look of quilting by hand on the stenciled fabric choose a permanent fabric pen that is thin in a contrasting or matching color which depends on the effect desired. Cautiously generate lines that are of dashed manner around the edges of the pattern about a 1/15th every inch. Perform on a fragment that is a scrap before you begin the work. It is advised to make extra pieces of stencil pieces lest there are errors in the process. Craft the earlier made dashes for almost 1/15th inch.
- Over the inner part of the imitating design the stitches of the hand quilt to craft another appearance.
- Decorating the work of art: Use the replication self-stitched quilt to craft the design on the inside of the stencil pattern such as the layers over a motif of the leaf.
- All these and more permanent fabric pen does wonder when used in an appropriate manner. However, make sure there are a lot of precautions made before the crafting is started with the permanent fabric pen as ones done as the name suggests permanent it becomes difficult to redo it all over again. The fabric will get the entire perfect look with the fabric pen. It is a pen which broadens your imaginations and generates a perfect piece of art.
- These pens come in different colors and are easily available all over. It is an amazing option to fill colors to your imaginations. There are wide options and moreover, if you have something on your mind, then go on with the permanent fabric pen you are going to be proud of the outcome you get. Make sure that you follow correct steps of using them; there are numerous guidebooks to help you make the most of the wonderful fabric marker pens and your god gifted talent.
How to Use Fabric Maker
Black fabric pen lets you to produce exceptional fine arts onto curtains, cushion covers, or a wall piece and make your painting job extra ordinary. There are a number of tips while you use fabric pens especially a black fabric pen. Here are a few of them :
1. Will black fabric pen work well on something that is not 100% cotton ?
Perfectionists say that there could be options where one can use different fabrics. There could be really good results if one opt for silk or even rayon. Specialists would always suggest using a small patch of cloth before you actually use a black fabric pen on any kind of fabric. This in particular ensures you with the outcome.
2. If in particular a fabric is droopily woven then the black fabric pen tends to leak through the fabric before it dries up. This is where the intensity of these pens gets lost.
3. Should one prewash the fabric before using a black fabric pen? Well the only reason to prewash a fabric before using it is to get rid of the sizing put to it at the time of manufacture this will prevent the black fabric pen from sticking to the ends of the fabric. Then, is the fabric is a kind that will shrink then it gives it a safer edge, as it will not affect the outcome of the fabric. One can easily check if the fabric really requires a prewash. Just put a few drops of water over the fabric, if there are any sorts of bends on the fabric then it needs a prewash most definitely.
4. Avoid using a softener: There are times when one needs to prewash the fabric. If prewasing of the fabric is done then make sure that the softener is not used. Using softeners over the fabric tends to add a few chemicals to the fabric.
5. Make sure there are no wrinkles on the fabric when you use a black fabric pen. The entire design will get ruined if the pen is used over a wrinkled fabric.
6. Make sure when a fabric is painted by a black fabric pen the fabric needs to be ironed on the wrong side. This helps the color to remain over the fabric and the look is not affected.
7. It is usually advised to use bleach over the fabric. It will give an unpredictable and unexpected result to the fabric. Now that the bleach is used, rinse the fabric well. This is going to make the fabric cleaner and the affects of the black fabric pen is going to show up in a much brighter manner. The fabric pen works best when the fabric is picked up well. Make sure you follow every tip to get an enhanced outcome of the print or design. Do your pants, t-shirts, skirts, curtains, cushions, etc. Go on let the pen make a difference, get the appreciation of using the best color-black.