Permanent fabric pen used for stenciling on any kind of fabric is an appealing method to generate quilts that portray different kinds of themes and can even create impressive statements. For instance, if you opt for the fabric that is going to generate a theme of harvest or a scheme of color, you may want to craft a square quilt motif of wheat making use of a stencil and permanent fabric pen.
Before adding a stencil quilt patch to a wall hanging or a quilt or a traditional hand made quilts make sure the work is completed. Opting to take the procedure an extra step assists put the touches to the finishing on your added dimensions and design. Putting details with permanent fabric pen to your design of stencil is a faster option to get a beautiful finishing to the product. Using a Stencil with permanent fabric pen creates an appliqué appearance without utilizing single stitches.
Get the perfect stencil design with these pens :
- Extend the fabric square of the stencil on a surface that is flat and then put the selected tape for masking all around the corners. It will make the fabric be more aloof from moving or even bunching up while you are marking over the design.
- To craft a look of quilting by hand on the stenciled fabric choose a permanent fabric pen that is thin in a contrasting or matching color which depends on the effect desired. Cautiously generate lines that are of dashed manner around the edges of the pattern about a 1/15th every inch. Perform on a fragment that is a scrap before you begin the work. It is advised to make extra pieces of stencil pieces lest there are errors in the process. Craft the earlier made dashes for almost 1/15th inch.
- Over the inner part of the imitating design the stitches of the hand quilt to craft another appearance.
- Decorating the work of art: Use the replication self-stitched quilt to craft the design on the inside of the stencil pattern such as the layers over a motif of the leaf.
- All these and more permanent fabric pen does wonder when used in an appropriate manner. However, make sure there are a lot of precautions made before the crafting is started with the permanent fabric pen as ones done as the name suggests permanent it becomes difficult to redo it all over again. The fabric will get the entire perfect look with the fabric pen. It is a pen which broadens your imaginations and generates a perfect piece of art.
- These pens come in different colors and are easily available all over. It is an amazing option to fill colors to your imaginations. There are wide options and moreover, if you have something on your mind, then go on with the permanent fabric pen you are going to be proud of the outcome you get. Make sure that you follow correct steps of using them; there are numerous guidebooks to help you make the most of the wonderful fabric marker pens and your god gifted talent.
Editor’s Recommendation: Top 5 Permanent Fabric Marker
Top Five Best Permanent Fabric Markers
1. Graffiti fine tip, minimal bleed, child safe, 24 color fabric marker set by Crafts 4 All
If you are in need of a fabric marker set that contains variety and function, look no further than Crafts 4 All’s set. Containing 24 different colors, there is no way that you’ll be left looking for a specific color that you need when finishing a design.
The tips of Crafts 4 All’s markers are also effective in that they possess a graffiti fine tip. This is very useful for drawing outer borders of designs that would be difficult to draw with other kinds of tips.
There are two challenges that you may face when using Crafts 4 All’s fabric markers, however. First, they do tend to wash away over time. They will not wash away immediately, but do not expect designs to last forever when using Crafts 4 All’s fabric markers. This is especially true for brighter colors in the set.
The darker colors in Crafts 4 All’s fabric marker set have the propensity to bleed a little more than they should. When using the darker color markers, you’ll need to be a little more gentle than you may want to be.
2. 12 pack fabric markers with dual tips by Creative Joy
It can take a lot of time to fill in certain designs when using fabric markers with one tip. This is especially true if the tip is fine. While fine tip fabric markers are excellent for drawing outer lines, they make filling in designs very tedious.
What makes Creative Joy’s fabric marker set better than others is the fact that the markers in the set contain dual tips. They contain a fine tip for drawing design outlines and a broad tip for filling everything in. This makes Creative Joy’s fabric markers much more versatile and functional than most others.
Creative Joy’s fabric markers also last. Fabric designs made with them will last very long if wash them in cold water. Other fabric markers tend to fade over time even if they are washed in cold water.
Only 12 different colors come in Creative Joy’s fabric marker set. This does not yield a lot of versatility in terms of design. If just 4 or 6 more colors were available, Creative Joy’s fabric marker set would be perfect.
3. 26 fabric marker set with stencils by Mosaiz
There is absolutely no shortage of colors when it comes to Mosaiz’s fabric marker set. Containing an impressive 26 colors, the set almost guarantees that you will have any color you need for whatever fabric design you need.
Mosaiz’s fabric marker set also comes with gold and silver markers, which are generally very hard to come by in fabric marker sets. It also includes stencils, which are perfect for designs related to names such as team logos.
Filling in designs will be a chore with Mosaiz’s fabric marker set, as the markers only come with bullet tips. Not being too fine or too broad, the markers in Mosaiz’s set do not really lend themselves to the best outlines or fills.
While the stencils are a decent addition, they also leave a bit to be desired. Being the type of stencils that peel and stick, they tend to fall off when being used.
4. Purple disappearing ink marking pen by Dritz
A traditional fabric marker usually cannot be washed out. Once the tip of the marker encounters fabric, it is on the fabric forever, or until it somehow fades over time.
This can be troublesome for those who need to be detailed in their fabric designs. Fortunately, for those types, Dritz’s fabric marker is the solution for anybody who needs to create fabric design outlines without worrying about the marks staying on the fabric. All you need to do to get the marks out is water.
Dritz’s fabric marker is perfect for those who need to “pre-plan” their fabric design without too much penalty.
The only thing that Dritz’s fabric marker can do is the above function. It has no other purpose, so you will definitively need to look elsewhere if you want fabric markers that actually can create the designs that you want to create after preparing the design with Drtiz’s fabric marker.
5. 20 pack fine permanent graffiti coloring pens by Colore
If you need a solid set of fabric markers that come in a wide array of available colors, you’ll get a lot out of Colore’s fabric marker set. With 20 different colors in the set, you won’t be without a particular color for your designs.
Different than other fabric marker sets like it, it is possible to wash fabrics that have been marked with Colore’s fabric markers without much penalty of their colors fading. You won’t need to wash fabrics marked with them in cold water. You can wash them with warmer water like the rest of your clothes.
While a lot of colors come in the set and while they fade a lot less than most other fabric markers of its kind, there is nothing really impressive about Colore’s fabric market set.
Another thing that can be improved about Colore’s fabric marker set are the tips of the markers. They contain bullet tips, which are not too fine or too broad. Colore’s fabric color set is perfectly fine for general fabric designs, but if you want to create specific fabric designs, you’ll probably want to look elsewhere.
Fabric markers – A buying guide
Will you need a lot of colors?
There are two kinds of fabric marker sets: There are sets that contain a lot of colors that are good for smaller designs, and there are sets that only contain a few colors that are often better for larger designs.
Even for larger designs, you’ll probably benefit from a fabric marker set that yields a good array of colors. This is especially true if this larger design needs to stand out in some way.
However, if your design is simple but needs to last a long time, you may want to select a fabric marker set that does not contain a lot of colors.
How complicated will your designs be?
You’ll also need to know how complicated and involving you intend your fabric design to be. Although this is somewhat related to the available colors in any given set, it is also related to how powerful the fabric markers are.
Although all fabric markers are designed to be permanent on fabrics, they still have the propensity to run when washed.
This is something that you will need to be aware of, especially if your design requires you to fill in colors. This is something that can be greatly affected when the fabric is washed, which is why you need to know what kinds of fabric markers are best for more involving designs.
How long do you want the design to last?
Fabric markers are not as permanent as they should be, but this does not mean that there aren’t varying degrees of how permanent they are.
Indeed, some fabric markers are more permanent than others. And you’ll want to determine exactly how long term you’ll want your design to be, then choose your fabric marker accordingly.
You’ll need to make some sacrifices in this aspect, as most fabric markers that can create lasting designs typically do not have much to offer in terms of color variety.
The reverse is also true: If a fabric marker set offers a lot of colors, it’s possible that the markers in the set may not last as long as you might want them to.
How to Use Fabric Maker
Black fabric pen lets you to produce exceptional fine arts onto curtains, cushion covers, or a wall piece and make your painting job extra ordinary. There are a number of tips while you use fabric pens especially a black fabric pen. Here are a few of them :
1. Will black fabric pen work well on something that is not 100% cotton ?
Perfectionists say that there could be options where one can use different fabrics. There could be really good results if one opt for silk or even rayon. Specialists would always suggest using a small patch of cloth before you actually use a black fabric pen on any kind of fabric. This in particular ensures you with the outcome.
2. If in particular a fabric is droopily woven then the black fabric pen tends to leak through the fabric before it dries up. This is where the intensity of these pens gets lost.
3. Should one prewash the fabric before using a black fabric pen? Well the only reason to prewash a fabric before using it is to get rid of the sizing put to it at the time of manufacture this will prevent the black fabric pen from sticking to the ends of the fabric. Then, is the fabric is a kind that will shrink then it gives it a safer edge, as it will not affect the outcome of the fabric. One can easily check if the fabric really requires a prewash. Just put a few drops of water over the fabric, if there are any sorts of bends on the fabric then it needs a prewash most definitely.
4. Avoid using a softener: There are times when one needs to prewash the fabric. If prewasing of the fabric is done then make sure that the softener is not used. Using softeners over the fabric tends to add a few chemicals to the fabric.
5. Make sure there are no wrinkles on the fabric when you use a black fabric pen. The entire design will get ruined if the pen is used over a wrinkled fabric.
6. Make sure when a fabric is painted by a black fabric pen the fabric needs to be ironed on the wrong side. This helps the color to remain over the fabric and the look is not affected.
7. It is usually advised to use bleach over the fabric. It will give an unpredictable and unexpected result to the fabric. Now that the bleach is used, rinse the fabric well. This is going to make the fabric cleaner and the affects of the black fabric pen is going to show up in a much brighter manner. The fabric pen works best when the fabric is picked up well. Make sure you follow every tip to get an enhanced outcome of the print or design. Do your pants, t-shirts, skirts, curtains, cushions, etc. Go on let the pen make a difference, get the appreciation of using the best color-black.